Who are we:
Bristol Boaters Community Association is a non-profit organisation. It is a company limited by guarantee, registered with Companies House, company number 13356292.
BBCA’s directors are elected by its members, according to its constitution, and act as the management committee. You can learn more and download a full copy of the constitution (articles of association) from the website here: BBCA Objects.
Anyone who supports the objects of BBCA may become a member. To become a member, please visit: bristolboaters.org/join-us/.
Our objects are:
The objects of BBCA are part of the constitution and set out the purpose of BBCA and the reasons for its activities. They are as follows:
- to promote and support the interests of the Bristol Harbour boating community;
- to follow and encourage principles of good citizenship within the community;
- to positively develop communication channels improving transparency and clarity between local, national and other authorities as necessary in the best interests of The Company and its members;
- to promote good relations between berth holders, Bristol Harbour users and the surrounding community;
- encourage and facilitate our participation in any consultation as stakeholders in any development in the harbour area.;
- to contribute towards improving the safety and security of the Bristol Harbour area on and off the water;
- to positively contribute to the Bristol Harbour image, cultural heritage and preservation of historical assets;
- to encourage high standards of boat ownership, operation, leisure usage and residence; and
- to promote the protection and improvement of the local environment.
Bristol Boaters Community Association will not discriminate on grounds of gender, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexuality, disability, religious or political belief, marital status, or age.